Divorce counseling helps families deconstruct a relationship with respect and dignity for all.
Divorce is more than a court order terminating a marriage. It is a life transition and may be wrought with unfulfilled dreams, profound grief, and sometimes a sense of new-found freedom. Additionally, parents tend to be coping to manage their own feelings of loss and grief while also pressured to make difficult decisions about how to handle their children. Stressors are present for all involved. Counseling is one way to help cope and restore health during this time of transition.
Don’t put off divorce counseling if you believe this will help both yourself and your children transition in a more helpful manner. Call or email today to speak with a licensed counselor for a free consultation to determine if counseling is the right step for you and your family: 734-807-0162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Divorce Counseling
Divorce can uproot the foundation of a family. If you are your children are experiencing any of the following problems, consider talking to a licensed counselor to help improve coping and life satisfaction.
- Experiencing an extreme range of feelings
- Chronic feelings of guilt or shame
- Bitterness toward the ex
- Fear regarding the future
Additionally, it is not uncommon for divorce to be a period of time where children of all ages struggle. Kids may experience:
- Inability to concentrate
- Decline in school work
- Increased fighting with siblings
- Bitterness toward one or both parents
- Attachment toward one parent
- Problems with eating (too much or not enough)
If you or your children are experiencing difficulties during or after the divorce, divorce counseling may help. Trained counselors are available to help. Treatment can focus on:
- How to talk to the children caught in the middle
- Co-parenting plans
- Relying on self to create a life as an uncoupled person
- Accepting transition
- Improving communication skills
- Training for positive reframing of difficult situations
Don’t wait. If you or your children are experiencing difficulties due to divorce, call or email Bedford Behavioral Health today: 734-807-0162 or email@example.com. Divorce counseling may be right for you.